Job Ref: 1869
Are you a Technical Author looking for a new challenge in an exciting business, supplying into blue-chip clients?
Our client is one of the UK’s leading IT suppliers, providing software, hardware and services globally to a variety of sectors. Due to ongoing growth they are looking for a skilled professional to develop and maintain high-quality customer facing product documentation covering their healthcare product suite. The role will include working with internal stakeholders including development managers, software engineers and clinical specialists to produce product documentation.
It is expected that the successful candidate will also be capable of supporting the Sales and Marketing teams in producing content to support sales campaigns and customer engagement workshops.
Communication skills are paramount; both with the sales team, customers and development teams.
- Authoring and maintaining product documentation including user guides, training materials, system administration materials, technical environment specifications, release notes and other product related materials.
- Interpreting technical functional specifications and translating content into customer facing language.
- Authoring and maintain content to support sales, marketing campaigns and customer engagement workshops.
- Liaising with teams across the business to understanding the technology and products for which documentation is required.
- Developing new and customising existing documentation for specific customers.
- To provide guidance and support to others within the business who are involved in producing documentation including, functional design specifications, test specification and implementation guides to ensure all materials follow a consistent approach and use consistent terminology and language.
To be considered for this role, you should ideally have;
- Experience of working as a technical author, ideally for an IT business
- Writing for audiences with a wide range of technical knowledge.
- Development of a wide range of documentation, which must include system administration guides, user guides and training materials.
- Experience of working to deadlines with a proven track record of delivering.
- Knowledge of healthcare system requirements in particular PAS and EPR systems
- Working in a software development environment.
- Either a graduate or holding a recognized qualification as a technical author.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong customer focus
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious
- Confident and proactive with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to engage directly with customers
As well as an above market-rate salary, there is an excellent benefits package that includes a company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
If this role is of interest, please apply using the link or call the office for more info.
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email David Wainwright: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
Are you a forward-thinking Front-End Developer, looking to explore new technologies? Speak to Daniel (daniel@affec… https://t.co/K93fIIjWEd
Are you a Technical Author looking for a new challenge in an exciting business, supplying into blue-chip clients?… https://t.co/HHyeAtwGOj
Are you a forward-thinking Front-End Developer, looking to explore new technologies? Speak to Daniel (daniel@affec… https://t.co/GBsXZDqi7x
SysAdmins, Linux Engineers & DevOps Engineers - if you are seeking a real technical challenge and want to work in o… https://t.co/l59LcOwibZ
Senior .NET Developers - is it time for a new challenge? Leading software business in Sheffield are looking to gro… https://t.co/TssH4GALVK