Software Project Manager
Project Manager (software), Lincoln £30,000 - 40,000 + excellent benefits.
If you are looking to develop your career with a global business, working with a range of blue-chip clients, this role represents an exciting opportunity.
This Project Manager role is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. You will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
This is a varied role, covering a range of tasks:
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- In performing these roles, you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile delivery approach in the right proportions to fit complex, business-critical projects with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
Professional Services Support – Support the Professional Services Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
To be considered for this role, you should have experience in the following:
- Solid understanding of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully delivering ERP or similar business system implementation projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with Kanban/Agile methodologies
- Experience of working with multi-function project teams
- Balanced business/technical background
- Sufficient level of ERP/system implementation to provide highly-credible leadership to project teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to project teams and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating, and team working
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Project management software and all Office Tools
If this role is of interest, please apply using the link or call the office for more information.Apply Now
For full details, email David Wainwright: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.