Job Ref: 2099
Affecto is delighted to have partnered with one of the region’s most exciting software businesses who are looking to grow their technical team with the appointment of a Software Engineer in Nottingham.
Working within a large, multifunctional IT department this is a varied development role, working on a range of functional software solutions. The business is a very data-oriented company and therefore working with SQL and databases will be a daily occurrence as will liaising with analysts and data scientists to review reporting platforms and ensure data can be easily digestible by internal and external stakeholders.
What do they do?
The company is a leading financial services business, with operations both in the UK and abroad. Their innovative solutions provide powerful insights and efficiencies, enabling their clients to make informed decisions to both increase profitability and enhance their customer experience.
What will you do?
• Demonstrate analytical programming skills, working on projects that transcend various functions
• Continually improve skills, expand business knowledge and suggest new ways of working.
• Develop, test and implement code to business standards
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and mid project reports.
• Work in a well-established agile development environment.
• You will provide new technical perspectives to the team, optimising solutions as a result.
• Have the opportunity to work with the best new technologies and frameworks
Who are we looking for?
• You will be a strong problem solver with a background in integrating different software solutions.
• You will be someone who is keen to embrace new technologies, especially within cloud and web hosting.
• You will be an excellent communicator with experience working directly with customers to understand a problem and devise the best solution.
• You will be interested in learning new skills and knowledge and applying them to solve complex interoperability challenges between multiple systems.
What skills do you need?
• Demonstrable experience within a key development language .net / C# and Java will all be considered
• Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Azure or AWS
• Microsoft SQL Server experience would be great
• Pair Programming, TDD and BDD
If you would like to learn more about the role and the client, then please apply now and one of our specialist consultants will be in touch.
Job Ref: 2088
Salary: c£45k - £60k
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Mark Reed: mark@Affecto.co.uk or call 0114 401 0521.