Software Development Manager
Job Ref: 2304
We’re excited to have partnered again with a business we’ve supported for the last 7 years, this time to deliver a number of key senior hires as the business looks to bolster its leadership structure. An integral part of the project is the search for a Software Development Manager to lead two of the business’ core engineering teams.
What will you be doing?
As head of these functions, you'll immediately form part of the Operational Management Team and will naturally set standards and drive all the initiatives that underpin the quality and reliability of their suite of award-winning products.
You'll take over a strong team of 10 Engineers and Developers (within an overall headcount of over 100) and although the associated tech stacks are Java and Ruby orientated, such is the technical acumen within, you don't need to be hands on with the code. Instead, your focus will be around providing support and leadership to the existing team whilst scaling your group appropriate to the business' growth over the next few years.
What technical experience do you need?
- Proven experience in either a Software Development Manager or Team Lead position
- Track record of growing teams whilst fostering an environment of personal development for your existing engineers
- Exposure to a number of tech stacks would be beneficial, although specific domain knowledge is not required
- Solid interpretation of Agile but more importantly, an ability to clearly identify and implement the most relevant aspects of the methodology appropriate to the business
- Ideally, experience of the structure within larger corporate environments but more excited by working within an SME setting
This opportunity will suit a Software Development Manager or Team Lead who’s worked in both a product or agency context, but we’d still absolutely like to hear from you if your experience is in one or the other.
If you’d like to learn more, please apply now and we'll be in touch. The interview process will take place over telephone and video.Apply Now
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic