Job Ref: 2055
Affecto is proud to partner with an innovative, international technology business in Sheffield to help them appoint a Software Development Engineer in Test, who will play a pivotal role in producing high-quality, bug-free software.
The business produce market-leading, data-driven products, which provide customers with cutting edge solutions that are solving problems in the data infrastructure space across the globe. They are on a very exciting journey, in the process of significantly growing their presence in Sheffield and, as such, Affecto has been appointed to help build their key technical teams.
The role of the Software Engineer in Test is critical in the success of their development function – you will work closely with both the QA and Scrum Engineering teams to draft test plans before designing, implementing, executing and improving the suite of automated tests.
What will you do?
• Develop, execute and automate test cases
• Develop a sound QA process and solid infrastructure
• Diagnose and debug root-causes and work to resolution
• Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the wider technical functions
What you will need?
• Experience with automation tools e.g. Selenium, Cypress etc
• Experience with scripting e.g. Bash
• Exposure to Hadoop and associated plugins (HDFS, MR, Hive, Spark) would be a bonus
You will benefit from working alongside a friendly, expert team in a dynamic and challenging environment where you will be given the freedom to take your own initiative and genuinely make an impact to drive your career forwards.
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Lizzy: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.