Service Desk Manager
Job Ref: 2303
For the past eighteen months, Affecto have worked closely with an established and now fast-growing business in Sheffield. To kick off 2021, we’re looking for a Support Manager to lead their dynamic internal function. With a roughly 80/20 split between internal and external workflow, this team is playing an increasingly key role as the business scales and now requires someone to lead the evolution of the desk.
You’ll need to be comfortable working with stakeholders of all levels and have a worked in a fast paced, incident management environment. Although though you’ll be leading the team, you’ll still need to be hands-on with a well-rounded understanding of Microsoft technologies.
What will you be doing?
- Lead a small team (2) whilst remaining ‘hands-on’
- Diagnose and repair a variety of technical problems
- Establish and run a robust incident management/recovery process
- Create and implement strategies to resolve longer-term workflow
- Build strong relationships across the business, especially with the internal infrastructure function
- Contribute to new product development from a support perspective
- Ensure you and your team delivers an excellent customer experience
What technical experience do you need?
- Incident management in high-uptime environments
- Microsoft desktop, server/Azure and AD
- Competent understanding IP routing across WAN/LAN/VPN infrastructure (helpful but not essential)
- Some basic understanding of audio visual systems (helpful but not essential)
- Experience of a VoIP PBX (helpful but not essential)
Do you need anything else?
- Able to work independently and self-manage
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work
- Excellent configuration and/or troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills, both formal and informal
- Able to quickly establish good working relationships
- Keen to learn new skills
- Experience in fast growing companies/teams (helpful but not essential)
This opportunity will suit someone from a fast-paced, mainly remote environment like managed services or internal equivalent. Although you’ll be managing the team, previous leadership experience isn’t essential so if you feel you’re ready for the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more, please apply now and we'll be in touch. The interview process will take place over telephone and Microsoft Teams.Apply Now
For full details, email Natalie: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic