Senior Software Tester **2 Year FTC**
Job Ref: 2044
Affecto Recruitment is proud to partner with one of the government's newest specialist regulators as they establish a brand new function based in Sheffield.
As the operation upscales, we have a need for an experienced Software Tester / 'Hands-on' Test Manager to coordinate and deliver a brand new testing function.
What will you be responsible for?
Provide approach for, and leadership of User Acceptance Testing:
- Identify test techniques and tools & design test strategies
- Work with project team members and Subject Matter Experts to understand the business requirements in order to write and execute functional and non-functional tests at each level
- Debug and refactor the test code as required
- Measure and report on test activity, manage defects and author software defined tests
- Undertake exploratory testing where required
- Design test environment set-ups and configuration
- Work with software developers to write automation tests across different levels and review release scripts across environments
- Manage communications between projects to control integration and dependencies
- Educate and support the rest of the delivery teams with testing and work with delivery teams to define ‘quality’
What we're looking for
- Experience of end-to-end functional and non-functional testing with the ability to write test approaches for major projects
- Ability to advise on up-to-date functional testing techniques and effective in utilising a range of contemporary technologies including (not exclusively) cloud platforms, open source and ‘SaS’ services to better enable and enhance the delivery of quality products and services
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of working with a range of stakeholders including Software Developers, Project Team members, Subject Matter Experts and Executive Leadership Teams
- Experience of managing & delivering an end-to-end test service with limited support
- Data Protection and GDPR awareness is desirable
- Experience of testing CRM functionality is desirable
- Good team working experience
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
This is a fantastic opportunity an accomplished Software Tester / 'Hands-on' Test Manager looking for an opportunity to join an organisation making a real difference to people's lives.
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.>
Great opportunity for an experienced Ruby Developer looking for a challenging role in Sheffield with a global busin… https://t.co/BtQJlghZ4K
We are supporting an amazing industrial software business as they look to build an R&D team, starting with the hire… https://t.co/NqFM9onUf8
Great opportunity for an experienced Ruby Developer looking for a challenging role in Sheffield with a global busin… https://t.co/CPVDKzygF0
We are supporting an amazing industrial software business as they look to build an R&D team, starting with the hire… https://t.co/1Cb1dKkuRA