Senior Software Engineer
Job Ref: 2308
We’re excited to have partnered with an international media business to scale one of their core teams. A key part of this project is this fantastic opportunity for a (C#) Senior Software Engineer to help lead the function. The business has an enviable product portfolio which underpins a huge range of broadcast and streaming applications and has seen solid growth over the last several years as more and more people diversify from traditional platforms for their media consumption.
What will you be doing?
As one of the senior technical voices working on the platform, you'll work closely with the newly appointed Head of Software, focussing both on a strategic and delivery level.
Technically, you'll primarily be working with MicroService architectures and ultimately evolving that architecture to a cloud first, serverless approach.
Back-end services are written in C# ASP .Net Core so knowledge of these technologies is essential. The C# code you'll write, will heavily leverage dependency injection, SOLID principals, coding patterns and other best practices to write loosely coupled applications and services that are easier to maintain and extend.
What technical experience do you need?
- Practical knowledge of C#, ASP.Net Core, Visual Studio
- Good understanding and practical application of dependency injection, SOLID principals, coding patterns
- Experience using git or other VCS
- Experience of Scrum or other agile frameworks, preferably using Jira
- Linux software development tools (Jenkins, make systems, debuggers, profilers, code coverage tools, etc.)
- PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes
- The technical acumen to dissect and understand an existing application and its architecture
- Knowledge of MicroServices patterns and practices and a good knowledge of cloud computing technology
This opportunity will suit someone someone who is first and foremost, an excellent C# Developer, if you don’t have any commercial experience with .Net Core or Kubernetes for example, we’d still like to hear from you if you’re interested in doing so in the future.
If you’d like to learn more, please apply now and we'll be in touch. The interview process will take place over telephone and Microsoft Teams.Apply Now
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic