Senior Java Developer
Job Ref: 1991
We’re looking for those whose passion is problem-solving and have a flair for learning new technologies quickly.
As a Senior Java Developer, you’ll need to have a wide portfolio of skills and have experience in tackling new challenges. For example, one day you could be developing future-proof, scalable web-based solutions; another you could be updating the platform that powers the large-scale data collection behind the scenes.
What do they do?
The company is, at its core, a major player in the retail sector, with several companies under its umbrella. They operate nationally, and within Europe, and are an instantly recognisable brand
The leadership of the business have demonstrable track records in keeping the tech current, and for this reason, staff retention is very high! There is a genuine culture of knowledge exchange and personal development, and staff are rewarded with a competitive salary, and a plethora of additional perks, including free Starbucks coffee!
What technologies do they use?
- SQL Server
- Agile software development methodology
- They’re also moving to the cloud; the infrastructure is already largely in AWS and are planning to adopt tooling such as Terraform and Packer
What will you do?
- Using good industry procedures and standards, evolve and grow their software solutions; this will include supporting other colleagues in acquiring the necessary skills to deliver as a team.
- Working across technology boundaries to develop platform capabilities
- Proactively identifying, suggesting and assisting in the delivery of improvements to ensure that the product and business moves forwards proactively
- Actively engaging in planning and estimation sessions for the product roadmap
- Contribute to the technical quality and timely delivery of the product; managing your own work and contributions to the product roadmap
What do you definitely need?
- Ability to independently report on progress, and flag issues immediately
- Exposure to continuous integration
- Proven track record in delivering software projects and adapting to new technologies
What would it be nice for you to have?
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technology
- Commercial experience using test automation frameworks
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Andre Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.>
Or how Google does Ops... https://t.co/doqMFd2c19
Are you a forward-thinking Front-End Developer, looking to explore new technologies? https://t.co/D44TrOWjuQ… https://t.co/lygJq8NXr3
Are you a forward-thinking Front-End Developer, looking to explore new technologies? Speak to Daniel (daniel@affec… https://t.co/K93fIIjWEd