Senior Digital Project Manager
Senior Digital Project Manager, c.£35k dependent on experience, Sheffield
Our client, an exciting, innovative Digital Agency, based in the heart of Sheffield, are looking to recruit a Senior Digital Project Manager to join their team.
You will be delivering web development projects from initial scoping workshops through to go-live, and working closely with the client services, design and development teams to ensure the successful delivery of digital projects with budgets ranging from £20k-£150k.
This business, a design and technology agency, create digital systems and websites using a combination of outstanding design, marketing and technical delivery to make a real difference to clients' businesses. They're a fun bunch of techies, creatives and marketing types. They are based in quirky offices in the centre of Sheffield. They are a friendly group, having monthly pizza and beer evenings, a lively lunchtime crowd who play Fifa, table tennis and pool. If you’re not the competitive type there are loads of cafes and shops nearby.
Standard benefits include a company funded healthcare scheme, pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and a number of the senior staff have risen through the company by taking advantage of the company funded training and development opportunities.
This is a client-facing role so you must be experienced in managing and building client relationships. You must not only understand the project risks and challenges but be able to respond, resolve and manage Digital Communications & Web technologies in an effective way, ensuring that you engage with the appropriate team members as and when required. The role will centre around managing projects of various sizes. Budget, timeline and team management form a key part of the role, as does ensuring that projects meet their objectives to make a real difference to client’s businesses. The business design and build a combination of creative and technically complex websites, portals and systems using .NET CMS platforms, so relevant experience in projects of this nature is essential, as is the ability to work collaboratively with designers, developers, and client services teams in an inclusive and transparent way.
Main tasks and responsibilities within this role include:
• Playing an active role in delivering scoping workshops with clients to kick off a project
• Managing client status meetings
• Identifying, managing and solving critical project issues in relation to budget, resource allocation, delays, performance in line with the clients overall project goals
• Working with clients and the accounts team to define and agree a project’s objectives, setting the measurable objectives and defining success criteria
• Detailed project planning, including identification and mitigation of possible risks
• Assisting with preparing specifications; re-planning throughout projects when required
• Organisation of the project team and project workstreams, and operating in a transparent, inclusive, team-focussed manner
• Scope and change management; facilitating control of scope through either waterfall or agile practices
• Management of the project budget within agreed tolerances
• Facilitating frequent retrospectives or more formal Post Project Reviews
• Suggesting and implementing process improvements where identified
• Supporting new business activities including helping prepare tender documentation, assessing client requirements with the pitch team and attending presentations when required
Skills & Experience
Most importantly, they're looking for someone who has a self-starter attitude, who will hit the ground running and represent the buinss internally and externally with confidence and enthusiasm.
This role is suitable for those with 3+ years agency experience.
• At least 3 years experience in an agency project management role
• Familiarity with web development technologies. Knowledge of software/web
• Very strong attention to detail and highly organised
• Experience managing QA testing would be beneficial Digital Communications & Web technologies
• A project management qualification or similar relevant training (e.g. PRINCE2 or ScrumMaster) is desirable, but not essential
• Commercial awareness to understand the impact of a project’s success on the overall company performance
• Experience in delivering digital products, so an understanding of, a digital project lifecycle, including UX, UI, front-end development, back-end development
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be involved in tasks outside of your direct role
• Comprehensive writing ability and good numerical skills
• An active interest and passion in getting the best out of the team you are working with
If this role is of interest, please apply using the link, or you would like any more info, call the office.Apply Now
For full details, email David Wainwright: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.