Job Ref: 2138
Network Engineer – Sheffield £35000 - £45000
My client, a leading IT services business in Sheffield are looking to recruit a Network Engineer into a key role, focused on introducing modern technologies to improve the success and stability of the business’ networks.
We are looking for an engineer who is comfortable working with enthusiasm and initiative who is passionate about technology and thrives in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities include
• Maintenance and uptime of the company network infrastructure
• Implementation of network change projects working within budget and to timescales
• Working with other technical teams on new product development, helping integrate networking solutions at all stages of the project lifecycle
• Collaboration with all technical teams in the business, mentoring staff and providing an escalation point for networking related problems.
• Work closely with the Lead Engineer to scope and design new environments
• Provide a consistently high quality of work, taking pride in all areas for which you are responsible.
To be considered for this position you will need the following;
• Experience of VPNs
• Experience operating large wireless networks (802.11)
• Solid working knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6
• Linux experience (Red Hat / CentOS)
• Experience working with firewall equipment
• Good virtualisation experience would be great.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business with great prospects for progression. If this sounds like something that would be of interest, we’d love to hear from you.
For full details, email Mark Reed: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.