LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - SHEFFIELD - £25-50K
Job Ref: 2237
We’re looking for 2 Linux Systems Administrators to join a Sheffield based technology company currently building their Ops Team. We’ve worked really closely with this business for a number of years and have helped them scale all of their technical teams.
After significant investment the company has successfully built an exciting product portfolio, pivoting from the previous consultancy and bespoke build model.
As Linux System Administrator you’ll be responsible for supporting the company’s complex systems and infrastructure. Given the nature of their work, experience working within regulated industries would really set you apart and any exposure to high-level network security would be great. Knowledge and commercial experience with AWS is advantageous but not essential, as long as you have a good understanding of cloud technologies in general.
What will you need?
- Commercial experience as a Linux System Administrator.
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to new and cutting edge technology.
- Experience with the following:
- AWS (especially EC2, ELB, EBS).
- Database administration – ideally Mongo DB
- Web servers Nginx / Apache
- Unix Shell Scripting (Bash, Python etc.)
- Source Version Control
- VPNs (IPsec, OpenVPN)
- Networking, Routing, DNS, DHCP and Network Security
- Aggregated processes and log monitoring
- Comfortable with external client engagement
- Basic experience with Python and Java
- Virtualisation (Xen/KVM/Openstack)
What's in it for you?
- Up to 15% bonus
- 3% Matched Pension
- 3 x Life Assurance
- Health care cash plan
- 21 days holidays (increasing to 26 with service)
- Option to purchase additional 5 holiday days per year
If you would like to learn more about the role and this exciting business, then please apply now and we'll be in touch. In the next stage of the application, you may be asked to take part in a remote video conference with our client. This will be done using Skype or Zoom.
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunity employer.
For full details, email Natalie Salvato: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic
PHP Web Devs: we want to speak to you. We have a number of opportunities available, with employers interviewing rem… https://t.co/7EJ69IP5Ej