Linux Support Engineer – Sheffield – c£40,000
My client, a leading IT business based in Sheffield are looking for a technical Support Engineer / Technician to join their team. As Support Engineer you help businesses remotely assess, correct and prevent a range of complex technical problems.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a technically demanding environment and enjoys working as part of team, sharing solutions and identifying process improvements.
This is a great opportunity to join on of Sheffield’s leading IT businesses with excellent progression opportunities.
• Resolving customer issues of varying complexity across big data and cloud environments including AWS, Hadoop and Azure
• Documenting issues and defects and improving current support processes by creating new articles, bulletins and advisories.
• Maintaining SLA’s
• Systems Administration of Linux and Unix servers
• Resolving time critical issues
• Providing flexible support including weekends and out of hours
To be considered for this position you will need the following;
• Significant experience in a similar role within a Linux environment
• Experience working in an organisation with file or object storage, IP networking or Linux compute environments
• Experience with data copy, data movement, replication or disaster recovery solutions
• Systems administration skills for Unix/Linux servers including OS installation
• An understanding of networking
• Experience of writing customer facing documents including solutions designs and test plans
• Able to explain technical issues to non-technical customers
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related degree
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business with great prospects for progression. If this sounds like something that would be of interest, we’d love to hear from you!
For full details, email Mark Reed: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.