Linux Support Engineer
Linux Support Engineer – Sheffield – c£35,000
My client, a leading IT business based in Sheffield are looking for a technical Support Engineer / Technician to join their team. As Support Engineer you help businesses remotely assess, correct and prevent a range of complex technical problems.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a technically demanding environment and enjoys working as part of team, sharing solutions and identifying process improvements.
This is a great opportunity to join on of Sheffield’s leading IT businesses with excellent progression opportunities.
- Resolving customer issues of varying complexity
- Conversing with clients on the phone and online
- Documenting issues and defects and improving current support processes by creating new articles, bulletins and advisories.
- Maintaining SLA’s
- Resolving time critical issues
- Providing flexible support including weekends and out of hours
To be considered for this position you will need the following;
- Significant experience in a similar role within a Linux environment
- Experience working in an organisation with file or object storage, IP networking or Linux compute environments
- Experience with data copy, data movement, replication or disaster recovery solutions
- Systems administration skills for Unix/Linux servers including OS installation
- An understanding of networking
- Experience of writing customer facing documents including solutions designs and test plans
- Able to explain technical issues to non-technical customers
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related degree
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business with great prospects for progression. If this sounds like something that would be of interest, we’d love to hear from you!
For full details, email Mark Reed: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.