Job Ref: 1936
My client, a leading service business in Sheffield are looking to recruit a lead platform and infrastructure engineer into a key role, focused on introducing modern technologies to improve the success and stability of the business’ infrastructure.
This is a wide-ranging role with a focus on cloud, servers, storage, monitoring virtualisation and utilising web technologies. We are looking for an engineer who is comfortable working with enthusiasm and initiative who is passionate about technology and thrives in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Guide overall development of technology strategy as part of the senior technical team
• Identify, manage and maintain process improvements
• Direct management of a team of platform engineers
• Management of internal and external stakeholders, setting key deliverables and SLA’s and managing these through the wider platform and infrastructure team
• Working closely with the technical architect to assist with the development of the company technology stack
• Project work on various related technical strategies such as system implementation, software workflow, continual improvement and automation.
• Collaboration with all technical teams in the business, mentoring staff and providing an escalation point for system related problems.
• Work closely with the Lead Engineer to scope and design new environments
• Provide a consistently high quality of work, taking pride in all areas for which you are responsible.
To be considered for this position you will need the following;
• Significant experience in a similar in infrastructure / implementation role
• Experience with Microsoft FTP, SQL Server, HP or Dell servers
• Comfortable working with CISCO network switches and firewalls
• Some experience with virtualisation technologies, VMWare etc. would be advantageous
• Experience working in a senior infrastructure / platform role, ideally will some colleague management experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business with great prospects for progression. If this sounds like something that would be of interest, we’d love to hear from you.
For full details, email Mark Reed: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.