IT Business Analyst
Job Ref: 2156
IT Business Analyst, Nottingham, £35,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits
If you are an ambitious Business Analyst, looking to work for a genuinely market leading business who are expanding their reach, this could be a great role for you!
This business is one the region’s most highly regarded employers and is consistently named as one of Britain’s best places to work! The business is well known for employee satisfaction which will be evident during your tour of the offices during your interview.
The Business Analyst’s role is to partner with the business to identify, document and manage the business needs for solutions to business problems and new initiatives. Primarily to form the bridge in communication between the business and technical teams, to ensure both solution and expectation are delivered as agreed.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Work closely with the business to document existing business processes
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and where appropriate, document the ‘As-Is’, ‘To Be’ and ‘Gap’
- Assess the business implications of proposed changes, identify complementary/contradictory requirements across the business and make recommendations
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organisation
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Translate complex business and technical issues into understandable concepts for all audiences
- Create Business Cases and Benefits Analysis for all new work and proposed changes to aid management in prioritisation and implementation decisions
- Provide the catalyst between business representatives, application users, all areas of IT and external suppliers. Where possible, input ideas and feedback for areas of improvement or advancement back to the business
- Working closely with the Development Team to develop storyboards and/or proof of concepts based on customer requirements and assist to convert customer requirements into technical solutions that are both feasible and cost effective ensuring the quality of the product and customer satisfaction
- Where appropriate, working with Developers to create Functional Requirements documents
- Working with the Project Manager, assist in the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of all new applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Working with QA, assist with the creation of the system test plan, scenarios and scripts
- Working with QA and the business, to guide and assist with BAT
- Assist in developing, standardising, and maintaining processes within the BA function
- Help to identify and implement new tools within the BA function
- Liaise with various business groups in the organisation to facilitate implementation of new or improved operational processes, systems and tools
To be considered for this role, ideally should have:
- Proven experience with business and system requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping (using BPMN), methodology development, data modelling and wire frames
- Experience of producing User cases, User Stories, Activity diagrams
- Experience documenting Acceptance Criteria using MoSCoW
- Able to undertake several analysis engagements, of multiple sizes, concurrently
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products
- Experience of Microsoft software packages such as Microsoft Office and Visio
- Experience of working under a formal project delivery methodology such as Prince2 or Agile
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
In addition to an above market-rate salary, this role offers a fantastic benefits package including bonus, private healthcare, life assurance & pension to name just a few.
If this role is of interest, please apply using the link, or call the office for more info on 0114 401 0521.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Affecto Recruitment support all roles within IT including Software Developers, Android and iOS Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Test Analysts, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, MI Analysts and Embedded Software Engineers with a vast range of clients UK wide but predominantly in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire.Apply Now
For full details, email Andre Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.>
Great opportunity for an experienced Ruby Developer looking for a challenging role in Sheffield with a global busin… https://t.co/hWDKmkRrmj
As part of our ongoing partnership with @sheffieldDevops we are excited for this month's event which takes place Th… https://t.co/grJsdYN6ba
Great opportunity for an experienced Ruby Developer looking for a challenging role in Sheffield with a global busin… https://t.co/Gh3NDuMZIm