Job Ref: 2418
Affecto are working exclusively with a growing tech company who offer plenty of opportunity for career development for a talented and ambitious Infrastructure Engineer. This position is offered on a hybrid basis with the flexibility to work from home and is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, modern software business.
What will you be doing?
- Participating in onboarding, training, support and technical enablement.
- Responsible for coaching less experienced team members.
- In charge of technical details required to ensure customer success.
- Expert knowledge on products.
- Liaise with customers to understand individual technical objectives and create a plan to achieve success.
- Aid customers with their plan, ensuring a positive customer journey.
What experience do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 3+ experience in a similar role.
- Skills in Unix/Linux.
- Previous experience in an enterprise software professional services or technical customer facing role.
- Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem (CDH/HDP, MapReduce, Yarn and Kerberos).
- Experience with enterprise scale technology organizations.
- Understanding of data copying, movement, replication or disaster recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Object Store (AWS S3, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud).
- Understanding of the Hadoop Application Ecosystem, Hive, HBase, Spark, Oozie, Tez.
- Understanding of Hadoop and Cloud system administration.
- Technical certifications (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Linux, AWS, Azure).
- Abilities in solutions designs and test plans.
- Knowledge of networking, both architecture and protocols.
- Skills in interacting with technical and non-technical audiences.
What’s in it for you?
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Plan
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym memberships
- Free eye tests
So, if you are an Infrastructure Engineer with an interest in working with the latest tech please get in touch today.
Affecto Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Natalie: Natalie@affecto.co.uk or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic