Infrastructure Engineer - Remote - £35-£45k
Job Ref: 2298
Affecto Recruitment are working with an exciting technology business who, due to significant investment are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a remote basis.
As part of the Customer Success team you be supporting customers with help desk support, problem and incident management, monitoring, deployment and configuration.
Ideally, you’ll be experienced working with Azure, Linux, and Windows Server, have strong customer engagement skills with a user focussed perspective to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting and configuring applications across multiple deployments in both cloud (Azure) and private data centres (Windows servers, Kubernetes (Linux), monitoring tools, virtual machines and database platforms)
- Maintaining and operating deployment pipelines to Azure and customer environments
- Monitoring and responding to server issues and alerts
- Licensing, administration and support of internal tools
- Involvement in technical discussions with customers and partners to overcome technical challenges, and plan for new projects and deployments
- Working closely with the customer success and engineering teams to investigate and resolve issues
What Skills do you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong technical acumen and diagnostic skills
- Microsoft Azure administration
- Experience supporting both Windows Server and Kubernetes (Linux)
- Environment and application monitoring
- Containerisation, with experience of Kubernetes and Docker Hub
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with a key attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- Remote and flexible working (Note: This is a fully remote position, but you must live and be eligible to work within the UK)
- Allocated learning & development / training time each month
- Meetups/social events (currently digital due to the pandemic)
If you would like to learn more about this Infrastructure Engineer opportunity, please apply now and we'll be in touch. In the next stage of the application, you may be asked to take part in a remote video conference with our client. This will be done using Google Hangouts or Zoom.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Natalie: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic