Job Ref: 2309
We’re excited to have partnered with an international media business to scale one of their core teams. A key part of this project is this fantastic opportunity for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to support the build environment. The business has an enviable product portfolio which underpins a huge range of broadcast and streaming applications and recognises the need to be deeply invested emerging and cloud technologies in order to keep their platforms at the forefront of their industry.
What will you be doing?
This is a key role within one of their core teams, tasked with managing and enhancing the build, deployment and continuous monitoring & alerting of team’s development environment.
Working closely with the DevOps function to deliver and maintain a development environment through infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery that can easily be replicated identically into other non-production and production environments with a high level of observability, monitoring and high-quality alerting.
You’ll need to have experience in CI\CD, monitoring, alerting and trouble-shooting, infrastructure as code, Linux, Docker & Kubernetes and with knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Automate deployments of SaaS offerings for the team’s non-production environment(s)
- Develop scripts & configure dashboards to improve visualization of monitoring data and logs
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Alongside development DevOps, agree, create and implement a strategy for alerting and early warning of issues, before they reach production
- Ensure any build, deployment, monitoring, alerting strategies can be easily replicated\promoted to any other environment
- Monitor the team’s non-production SaaS environment(s)
- Work with internal and external customers to support production and non-production environments
- Develop and test operational continuity scenarios in SaaS test and staging environments to improve operational robustness and develop disaster recovery procedures
- Work closely with the architects to collaborate on system improvements that impact and improve customer experience
What technical experience do you need?
- Practical experience with common build tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, Helm or equivalents
- Practical experience deploying code to AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud
- Strong networking knowledge, particularly with respect to cloud technologies
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Experience working with Elasticsearch & Kibana, or other logging\time-series databases
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform or equivalent
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration (Windows administration experience is a plus but not essential)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience managing, deploying and maintaining Kubernetes Clusters\Docker Swarms
This opportunity will suit an Infrastructure Engineer from a Linux background with either previous experience with Docker and Kubernetes or someone keen to work with these, and associated technologies, in greater detail.
If you’d like to learn more, please apply now and we'll be in touch. The interview process will take place over telephone and Microsoft Teams.Apply Now
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic