Head of Technology
Job Ref: 1696
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Technology to join the leadership team of one of our most innovative clients. Affecto is proud to partner with this ambitious, South Yorkshire based technology business to appoint this key position as they embark on an incredibly exciting journey over the next 3-5 years.
The Head of Technology will work closely with the COO, shaping the overall technology strategy for the business alongside delivering their exciting strategic growth plan after significant investment. The company in question’s technology estate is vast and encompasses Software and Hardware in relatively equal measure.
Under your leadership, you’ll need to develop, augment and grow a diverse set of technical teams from Software Engineers, Network Engineers (NOC), Support Engineers and Hardware Engineers. You’ll also explore and open new revenue streams whilst maximising the profitability of the existing tech.
Whilst this is not a ‘hands-on’ role, you’ll be expected to have a sound understanding of the full SDLC, open source technologies, web development, software deployment into complex IT estates, as well as Cloud technologies, IT hardware and infrastructure.
You’ll also need to:
- Have a demonstrable track record of leading successful, diverse technical teams
- Define and deliver specific projects in line with both the company-wide programme of works and departmental processes
- Be the asset and risk owner for technology related assets associated with the company's information security policies
- Work with legal and compliance teams to understand the technological and process impact of legislative changes
- Take ownership of change and release management of technology projects
- Lead the company's technology continual improvement process
- Serve as a member of the newly formed, Senior Operations Management team
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and legislation, ensuring the company expands its leading position in the marketplace
To be successful, you'll need the following skills, attributes and experience:
- The ability to work autonomously and be creative in your problem solving
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Process development and implementation experience
- Organisational change management experience
- Track record of implementing and managing software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Infrastructure and platform management experience
- ISO27001:2013 knowledge and, ideally, practical experience
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Have a collaborative and team focused approach
As this opportunity encompasses both Software Development and complex Infrastructure, we would be very happy to hear from leaders with a strong background in either but confident of their capabilities to quickly get up to speed in the area where they lack commercial experience.
This Head of Technology position is a great opportunity for an accomplished and dynamic technical leader, searching for a challenge where they can truly help shape the direction of one of the region’s most exciting tech companies.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.>
South Yorkshire based Database Administrators - If you want to work with the latest technology, for a company with… https://t.co/frTZlDZ0b8
Check out our latest opportunity for Python Developers to join a leading software house based in Sheffield.… https://t.co/WHkMyAEJpL
Derby based Front-End Developers! Do you want to work in an environment of trust and flexibility with ample opport… https://t.co/ml4u1PjF8e
SysAdmins, Linux Engineers & DevOps Engineers - if you are seeking a real technical challenge and want to work in o… https://t.co/ihfMw9ZYgO
Exciting new opportunity in Sheffield to help drive the technical design of this unique software business.… https://t.co/OUObv1HG5n