Job Ref: 2025
Affecto is proud to be exclusively supporting an innovative, financed tech start-up, in the heart of Sheffield to find a talented Head of Product/Software Delivery Manager, with a strong technical background, primarily in iOS, Android, Java & Swift.
We’re looking for those whose passion is problem-solving and have a natural passion for mentoring and leading junior developers. You’ll need to have a wide portfolio of skills and have experience in tackling new challenges.
What do they do?
The company develops technologies with exciting applications for customers in health and wellbeing. At their core, they assess personal behaviours and lifestyle to support large scale campaigns by health authorities and hospitals. One of their apps is even trending towards 1 million downloads and collected well over a billion data points.
The leadership of the business have demonstrable track records in launching new technologies. Their successes include: spinning out one of the ten fastest growing niche app companies in the UK, monetising technologies supporting 2.5M users within football, as well as an application supporting over 10,000 users at a leading aerospace company.
What technologies do they use?
• They develop an Android and iOS app, working in Java and Swift
• The platform is built in Node js
• They use git for version control with a codebase residing on GitHub
• They use Jenkins for Continuous Integration
• They’re also moving to the cloud; the infrastructure is already largely in AWS and are planning to adopt tooling such as Terraform and Packer
What will you do?
• Take the lead in product delivery whilst mentoring and guiding a talented development team
• Using good domain knowledge of Android and iOS development to evolve and grow their highly successful app; this will include also building new spin-out apps for clients where required
• Working across technology boundaries to develop platform capabilities
• Proactively identifying, suggesting and assisting in the delivery of improvements to ensure that the product and business moves forwards proactively
• Actively engaging in planning and estimation sessions for the product roadmap
• Contribute to the technical quality and timely delivery of the product; managing your own work and contributions to the product roadmap
What do you definitely need?
• Extensive software development experience, ideally in Java, Swift or Objective-C
• Hands-on experience of mentoring a team
• Experience in unit and integration testing, with practical experience in testing frameworks
• Exposure to continuous integration
• Proven track record in delivering products
• Proven track record in delivering software projects and adapting to new technologies
What would it be nice for you to have?
• Experience with designing and building REST APIs
• Experience with AWS or other cloud technology
• Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack
• Experience in scripting languages (such as Ruby, Python, etc)
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.