Data Scientist - Sheffield - £30-£40k
Job Ref: 2348
Affecto are working with an award winning business in Sheffield, known for its cutting-edge mobile technology and the innovative use of social science. We’re recruiting for a Data Scientist to join their team. You’ll work closely with the Development team to maintain and ensure continuous improvement on their core products.
What will you be doing?
- Use good domain knowledge of Data Driven Science to solve problems and support the regular daily activities of the Data Science function
- Deliver quality solutions and contribute to the success of projects
- Complete tasks autonomously as well as seeking external influences to grow awareness of technologies and to ensure you continue to meet best practice standards
- Conduct fully supported interactions with clients and colleagues to update and deliver feedback
- Proactively identify, suggest and assist in the delivery of improvements
- Contribute to the technical quality and timely delivery of projects and products
- Liaising with customers directly
What Skills do you needs?
- Ability to quickly adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Broad knowledge of programming, and scripting
- Experience using Python or Java
- Experience developing and delivering ‘big-data’ analytic solutions
- Experience using Data Mining algorithms and statistical tools
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Relevant degree or qualification in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science (or related)
- Strong experience with research projects and deliverables
- Experience of productionising data science algorithms using continuous integration
- Proven track record of working with complex applications
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX command line and other programming languages (e.g. R)
- Experience in presenting and visualising the output of big data analytics
What’s in it for me?
- Good public transport links, car parking, train ticket scheme
- Company bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension matched at 2%
- 21 days’ holiday per annum with the ability to accrue extra holidays
- The option to buy holiday days, up to a maximum of 5 days per year
If you’d like to learn more about this Data Science opportunity, please apply now and we'll be in touch. The interview process will take place over telephone and Microsoft Teams.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Natalie: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.>
There's loads of info around on how to adapt to working from home. The ZDNet special feature has loads of really in… https://t.co/AAoHCon8fo
This forward thinking Sheffield business are using Zoom to interview, hire and induct new staff. We are supporting… https://t.co/SWUuWaPzk5
We work with some awesome businesses in Sheffield who are adapting to the current climate by using technology to he… https://t.co/CThhVzUx53
Devs in Sheffield, experienced in LAMP? Interested in discussing new opportunities? Please contact Team Affecto who… https://t.co/j7CZBoBcic