Big Data Solutions Architect
My Client, an international software house is looking to add an experienced Big Data Solutions Architect to their Sheffield based, Research & Development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Solutions Architect with a proven track record within Business Intelligence Architecture and a strong understanding of architectural design patterns and project methodologies. I'd be equally interested in hearing from Senior BI Developers, looking to take their first steps into an Architecture role.
- Design advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organisations, models, repository, dashboards, metadata, ETL specifications, reports, within a complete functional and technical architecture in keeping with customer requirements and market needs
- Lead POC activity and produce estimates for complex BI/Big Data projects and seek budget for project execution from senior internal stakeholders, working closely with the Product Management function in the preparation of supporting business cases
- Work closely other Architects, infrastructure and software development teams to define metadata layers, technical strategy and optimal integration within existing client IT landscape
- Focus on performance tuning and enforcing repository best practices. Ensure business access to adequate, understandable accurate data
- Design, develop and continuously improve supporting activities (eg automation of versioning and release management, scheduling, security models, impact assessment of new changes)
- Provides strategic steer and architecture design decision making for key BI Product Innovation projects and Technical roadmaps
- Acts as an expert providing consultancy support to Pre-Sales and Professional Services teams during initial customer engagement and throughout the customer relationship. Acting as a key communicator over BI Product Strategy, developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the Sopra Banking business and the customer community
Key Experience Required
- A strong understanding of core analytics technologies and technological trends with familiarisation of areas such as: Qlikview, Apache Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop and Spark. A knowledge of external cognitive and AI services such as IBM Watson, LUIS or NG Data would also be beneficial
- Be up to date on new architecture patterns (ROA, Semantic, Big Data), software frameworks, new hardware patterns, especially Cloud
- Strong stakeholder management skills with demonstrable ability to network with senior and executive stakeholders developing strong and productive relationships
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead, motivate and facilitate complex BI Architecture led projects
- Strong communication skills with ability to deliver clear strategic messages to a business and technical audience
- Strong influencing skills with ability to assert strategic positions and rally internal stakeholders to meet strategic initiatives, plus brokering of external customer solutions developing strong customer relations in the process
BI / Big Data Architect opportunities such as this don't come along all too often, so if this sounds like just the sort of challenge you're looking for, I'd love to hear from you!
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.